CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tuesday July 12th..our last full day together...

Tuesday I was up getting ready for work and I heard Jacob, so I got him up and played with him a bit so his mom could sleep in a little.  David soon came out too and it was great seeing them before I left for work!  Alas, I had to leave and wake their momma up...they spent the day doing laundry and packing up. 
 But of course there is always play time...and besides Grandpa's RC Truck that is a favorite toy, his exercise ball was the next favorite!  Many hours were spent bouncing this ball and pounding on it...both boys loved it!
 David would roll up on top of it and sometimes try to sit on it, but Jacob would just pound on it like a drum.  Fun stuff!  Since it was their last night, I asked Amanda what we needed to do that we hadn't done yet.  She said "Yodigity!"  Yes, that is a tradition to go there when they are in town so we had an early pizza dinner (thanks Grandpa!) and went before it got busy. 
 We LOVE this place!  We were disappointed that the fountain out front wasn't working.  We usually like to sit out there and eat our frozen yogurt...but we ate inside this time.  Sis. Swinney was just finishing her shift and was very nice to us giving us a "buy one get one free" pass...THANK YOU!  It was so sweet of her to do that!!  Clif came with us...David always likes it when one of his uncles is there to give him attention...
 David was excited to pick out his toppings...
 I think he got gummy bears and sprinkles...
 We all enjoyed our cool refreshing treat! 
 Jacob shared Grandpa's with him...I shared some of mine with him too...Grandpa's was a berry flavor and I always get mint and chocolate...
 He had fun as did we all...love that yodigity place!
Sharing those last few bites...sweet to the end!
I think Grandpa should have gotten more!  Jacob was loving it...
After the kids were in bed that evening...we worked on the OTHER things we waited until the last day to do!!!  Why do we do that???  I FINALLY finished Amanda's Christmas present.  Yes, from December 2010...I made her a t-shirt quilt out of all her old t-shirts...and gave it to her at Christmas, but had found 3 more shirts that needed to be added to it!  So I got them out when I knew she was coming and added them on and then I tied it.  It's a hodge-podge quilt, and not put together very well, but hopefully the memories in it will help it hold up over time.  Amanda got out the cricut and the laminator and made some things for her kids to look at during church....some pictures of Jesus, the prophet, our family, etc. were laminated and she will punch holes in the edges and let them lace the pictures with shoestrings or some other kind of string.  She also laminated numbers for David to practice with and other fun die cut shapes, and she made some visual aids for her nursery music calling and laminated those too.  I should have taken a picture of her cutting out all those little shapes and pictures!  She is going to send me a picture of them and I will insert it here...We had a busy but productive night.  Ashley came over to visit with us while we did our projects.   She doesn't get off work until 6:30 so her evenings are kind of short!  It was fun having both my girls here!  Miss me some girl time!!!  So that wraps up our days of fun...tomorrow it is off to the airport and then eating heavy doses of chocolate as the Grandma depression sinks in...I have loved every minute of having Amanda and the boys here!

1 comments:

Caleen

Wow.. you guys had such a fun time with Amanda and the boys. They are so cute. What fun adventures and great memories you had with all of them. Love the t-shirt quilt. I always wanted to do that but, never got around to it :)