Friday morning after I saw David off to school (he was coming to wake me up, but I was already awake and heard him) we got ready to drive to a fun store. I'm not much of a shopper but I was looking forward to our outing. We arrived just a few minutes before they opened. Amanda had told me about this place and I just had to check it out! Fabric World! (Okay Fresno, we need one of these!)
Flannel and cotton pieces, all $2.99 a yard. They are just dumped on these long tables and you dig through them to find your treasures! Some piece are rather long and you have to really tug at them as Amanda is demonstrating in the backgroung! Jacob had his "fru fru" (that's "ruff ruff" in Jacob talk) and he stayed entertained in the cart while we did our digging.
There are two long rows of these tables...believe me, we dug for awhile! We kept finding really cute stuff, and we loaded our cart! A couple of different ladies asked us if we were "crafters" or if we sold things on Etsy. It was funny. I guess we were just being too excited about all the cute fabrics we were finding! One time Amanda came and all their pieces were 25 cents! Now THAT was a deal! She has a nice collection of fabrics for all her cute projects she does. The apron she made me in the spring was fabric from here...
Here is our boatload of fabrics...two very full bags! So many different pieces! Mostly to make burp clothes and "lovies" (mini toy-sized blankets) pillowcases, bibs, and ties. We felt very good about what we got for our money and what cute baby gifts we will have for very cheap! A lot of them are "designer" fabrics...but I am not enough of a sewing person to be up on who all the wonderful designers are...
Here's a sneak peak of some things we made...these are flannel burp cloths...I love the blue and grey animals the best I think...darling fabric!
Here's Amanda making bow ties...
She also made some cute matching ties for the boys too. They have elastic and just slip over their heads and under their collars! Oh yes, we had a great time at fabric world!
We also went over to Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores!) because she said the Georgia one is so much bigger than our Visalia one. She was right! We got ribbon, elastic and thread for our projects and we looked at a TON of stuff and got some good ideas...it really was a huge store! I only got one picture of Jacob showing me his chicken nugget...again being a good shopper in the cart...
All that and we were still home in time for David to get home from school and Jacob to take a nap. It was a very fun day!! And it wasn't over yet...up next...the famous Georgia Aquarium!


3 comments:
Ha ha, that is a crazy picture of me digging out the fabric. I hope it was a good one! :)
Cute ties!
I love those ties!!
Post a Comment