CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Memorial Day and off to CA!

So I need to back track a little before I post about our Disney trip.  On May 26th I went out and put flowers at the cemetery because I was going to be gone for the weekend.  And also because if we wait until the weekend, it is so congested at the cemetery!  I had to of course trim the grass from around the headstones.  We drove out on Sunday after church.  Just Dave and I.  It was a nice drive and he helped with the grass cutting and filling the vases with water.  We decorated Mom and Dad's grave and Lori's.  I left a little pink pinwheel on the "other" Lori whose headstone we found awhile back.  I looked her up on family search.  Turns out she didn't die the same day.  She was a few months old when she passed away. There is only one date on her headstone so I had assumed she died at birth.  I would love to know the rest of her story.  But in the meantime, I have adopted her and will keep putting things on her little tiny headstone whenever we go out there.  As Amanda, the kids and I were driving to California on Saturday the 28th, we drove through Beaver and I wish I had thought of bringing flowers to place on my grandparents' graves.  Thankfully my cousins from Richfield had drove over and placed some.  We went to Disneyland on Memorial Day.  Thought it would be crazy busy, but it wasn't any worse than any other time we have been there!  YAY!  I will post about that trip next.  But here are the pics from the cemetery and of the beautiful sky while we were driving to California.







0 comments: