CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Last day at the parks!

We had so much to squeeze in on our last day!  Mostly it was just to ride whatever we wanted, eat a lot of good stuff, and see the Premiere of the stage play "Frozen."  It was AMAZING.  When we sat down in the theater, it looked like the water was running over the edge of the stage!  The water fall was running and birds were chirping.  It is so incredible what they can do with technology.  The play itself was wonderful!  It is a shortened version of the movie but they sing all the songs.  And when Queen Elsa in the blink of an eye flips her dress from the ball gown to her white frozen gown...incredible!  Olaf and Sven were very fun.  They were puppet type with men operating them.  I can't even describe it but such a fun show.  We were sad that the Aladdin show was gone, but this one was just as much fun to see.  And even more of a production with all the computer elements.  It even snowed a little in the audience.  A huge snowflake chandelier came down, incredible is the only way I can describe this show!  We went back and forth between the two parks throughout the day getting fast passes and riding which rides we wanted to do "one more time!" We got lucky and saw a storm trooper that let the kids take a picture by him.  He said he would let them go if they wouldn't cause anymore trouble.  It was fun.  We got churros, and of course Mickey Benoits are a must! A warm pastry with lots of powdered sugar!  We got Bengal Barbecue (skewers of meat and veggies) and the kids even liked it (the meat).  I had to try a Matterhorn Macaroon and no one else likes coconut so I got the whole thing to myself.  It was delightful! Somehow the kids talked me into riding Hyperspace Mountain.  WHAT?  I have only rode it once in my life and I hated it then, so how did they talk me into it?  I was nervous all the way through the line.  When we were almost there David showed me a gate that goes out and he said, "this is your last chance to get out Grandma if you really don't want to go."  It was so cute.  I told him I would do it.  I closed my eyes for most of it and am sure I was screaming a little.  I was shaking a lot when we came out and they all were asking how I liked it.  Never. Again.  Those were my exact words.  I think they were proud of me for trying it.  I was proud of myself too.  But, Never Again.  I also rode Indiana Jones which isn't a favorite but I survived it. What we do for our grandchildren.  Ha.  It was another fun day and we enjoyed all of it.  Buzz Lightyear and Haunted Mansion are favorite rides for all of us. We always have to do those more than once.  And of course Star Tours.  But we get fast passes for that ride from now on.  We did stand in line for Peter Pan (the wait is ALWAYS at least 40 minutes - no fast passes!).  Lilly had never been on it so we wanted her to have that experience.  We actually saw a lady we know from Clovis in line (Olga Coleman).  So funny to run into people you know.  We love Disneyland!  It really is a happy place!  I loved being there with Amanda and the kids.  We missed the menfolk but it didn't slow us down.  We kept busy and walked our legs off!  We were sad when it was time to leave the park but happy that we had 3 magical days and an extra day at the beach!  What a great vacation!








Jacob drew this picture on our drive home.  It's him and me in our Doom Buggy on the haunted mansion ride.  By the haunted trees!  LOVE. 

0 comments: