This weekend I witnessed two sweet things that just melted my heart...and one stinky thing, but it doesn't spoil the happiness...(too much anyway!)
The first sweet thing I will mention, happened today in RS. We had a beautiful impromptu lesson (the teacher called in sick!) on repentance and the atonement. The on-the-spot teacher did a wonderful job on such short notice. (Susan can do ANYTHING!) At the end of the lesson she played the Tabernacle choir's rendition of "The Prayer" which is just beautiful (even though the whole time I was listening to it I was hearing the Josh Groban/Charlotte Church version in my head!) and it of course brought the spirit and there were few dry eyes in the room, especially as the teacher went and sat by one sister who was sitting by herself and crying quite a bit...the teacher put her arm around her and just hugged her through the whole song. I can't explain to you the feeling it gave me, to know of this sister's love for all of us. It was an amazing feeling and I am grateful to belong to such a wonderful women's organization and to have so many ladies I consider my sisters!
The second sweet thing happened last night at our quad-stake LDS prom. What a FUN event! The youth all had a great time, and even though we spent hours and hours at the building, setting up, preparing food, chaperoning, and cleaning up, it was all worth it to see the beautiful young women and the handsome young men all having such a good time. The SWEET thing was at the last dance of the evening. It was a slow song, had just started, and these two sweet girls just kind of started dancing with each other and two sweet young men almost immediately came up to them and asked them to dance! So they got to dance the last dance with a cute boy. I just thought it was so sweet! Our stake was in charge of the dance portion of the prom, west stake served them a nice chicken cordon bleu dinner before the dance. I hear everything was just wonderful over there too...the theme was "I Found My Heart in Paris" and here are a few pictures...
And now to my stinky story...made a quick Costco run on Saturday. Picked up some chocolate muffins and poppy seed muffins as usual. About lunch time I wanted a chocolate muffin...and I wondered why they were so much flatter than the poppy seed. hmmmm. Then I looked at the label...
Raisn Bran muffins!!!!!?????? Since when did Costco start making those? And why are they deceptively chocolate looking????!!!!!!!! Oh, I was not happy. Dave was brave enough to taste it, he only took one bite. UGH. Dense and disgusting. Good thing I got to dip tasty goods in the chocolate fountain that night, cuz I needed a fix and Costco has let me down. I will read the muffin labels much closer from now on!!! So beware any of you other Costco muffin buyers...you have been warned...read the label!!


5 comments:
It sure was such a wonderful lesson. I hate crying but felt much better when I saw that I was far from alone. I told that sweet sister that she had better get busy if she was going to be hugging everyone that she made cry. Sorry about your muffins!
Gross. Those muffins sound disgusting! Chocolate is the only way to go. :)
I think I would have liked the raisin bran ones better! It's just me.
I heard wonderful things about the prom last night. Schools should take lessons from it! And Julia came to church yesterday wearing that beautiful red dress.
That Susan story is just so her!
I loved the lesson too. Susan is amazing, and I kept hearing the Josh Grobin/Charlotte Church version of the song in my head too! What a wonderful prom for the kids. You guys did a terrific job and I'll bet they always remember what a beautiful night it was. As for the muffin, it is disappointing when you are expecting one thing, and end up with another. That has happened to me before, ya gotta really check those labels!
I didn't get to hear susan's lesson :( I was playing the piano.. She always comes through.. I heard the dance was decorated beautifully and was fun.. So glad to hear.. By the way, Your Son was so very helpful to us.. He is really a great young Man. He did look great in his tux.. Make sure you get pictures.. :)
Post a Comment