CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Weekend trip to Utah, day two...

Friday morning we got up and couldn't believe we were really there! We decided to go out to the cemetery and hoped that we would be able to find Mom, Dad and Lori's headstones in the snow! We stopped and bought fresh flowers to take with us. It was about a 40 minute drive out to West Jordan (used to be Kearns!) to the cemetery. Surprisingly enough, all the headstones were visible! We trudged through the slush and Makayela helped us put the flowers out. The boys filled the vases with water from the spicket and we were able to spend a few minutes remembering...it was touching to be there. I don't get to be up there very much. Mom's name had been added to the headstone (the last time I was here was her funeral in August of 2008). Mom's birthday is this month, and Lori passed away at the end of April. And with it being Easter, it just seemed the perfect time to be there.

Interesting that all the headstones are visible...the metal must be warmer than the grass?
It is a beautiful view across the cemetery to the mountains. A lovely resting spot.
Makayela with the flowers she helped me with.

Carson wanted to eat his snowball.

He is warming up to me! (if that is possible in the snow!)

Everyone had a bit of fun making some snowballs and throwing them at each other (can you tell we are from somewhere that doesn't get snow?) not a huge snowball fight, just tossing them and hitting each other for fun...and at first thought I was thinking it might be a bit disrepectful in a cemetery ...and then I thought of my dad...and he would be right in the middle of it if he were there! I had an emotional few minutes and was so glad that we were able to go there. Miss you Mom and Dad! Can't wait to meet my sister Lori someday...I was 6 months old when she died.

0 comments: