Sand Dune Arch and Broken Arch shared the same trail head. It was all flat and very sandy! Lots of red sand! It only took a few minutes to get in where the Sand Dune Arch was. Then we came out of there and walked the trail over to the Broken Arch. The views walking over there were great. Of course the kids wanted to climb up and see what was on the other side. Grandpa and Joel went with them. I had given David my old camera to take pictures and he got some pretty good pictures! There were a lot of selfies too. ha ha. He shadowed Joel a bit and I think it made the trip especially fun for him. Jacob was always willing to pose for him and it was fun to watch them. We enjoyed our evening walk and looked forward to hiking to Delicate Arch the next day!
This beautiful scenic shot below was taken by Joel. We loved it so I am having it printed on a canvas for Dave's birthday (he is getting a new office at work, this will look great on the wall!).
Next we drove over and walked up to the Balanced Rock. It really looks like it could just fall off of there at any time! The sign said something about another piece of it that had broken off (I can't remember how many years ago) and as I was looking at old pictures of my dad's this week, I found a picture of Balanced Rock from about 50 years ago with that other piece still on there! So sometime within the last 50 years that piece fell off.
David the photographer and Jacob his faithful subject!
One of David's many selfies. Love that kid!





















0 comments:
Post a Comment