Saturday, April 1st we watched conference while we worked on various projects. Amanda and I haven't painted in a long time so that was fun! The boys played quietly and Nate did some homework. Dave and Joel relaxed the most! The weather was beautiful so in between sessions there was some scootering going on outside. The mountain looks so pretty with snow still on the top. Sunday we watched the first session and then hit the road for Moab. It was a pretty day too and the scenery not quite as beautiful. We tried to listen to the second session of conference on the radio but it kept cutting out! Bummer! We will have to be sure and listen to it once we get home. I hate missing sessions. We arrived in Moab and checked into our hotel. There was still plenty of sunlight left so we drove over to Arches and did a couple of easy hikes (walks). I will post those pictures in the next post. After we got back to the hotel, Amanda put the boys to bed (Nate and Lilly weren't with us, too much homework for Nate and Lilly was with her mom) so Dave and I went for a drive. I actually was able to find the house I lived in over 40 years ago! The potato cellar out front is gone and all that gravel was never there. It was a dirt driveway. It has been painted and updated. Looks pretty nice! Even a house number on it. I don't even remember having a house number but I'm sure we must have had. Hopefully the avocado green carpets have been replaced many times over! ha. I recognized the house right away, but not all the houses around it! It has really grown out there on Murphy Lane. Saw our church (by fluke, not because I knew where it was) and my old junior high (which is now a city building). It was amazing. I have included a picture of our house then and now...wow. Moab is such a tourist town now. It was not like that at all when we lived there. It is booming now!
This picture was taken after we moved from there. We never had the wagon wheels out front...
How it looks today...









0 comments:
Post a Comment