As we were leaving Arches, not quite ready to hit the road home, but knowing we soon needed to, David said, "We should go to Dead Horse Point!" The boys had been there with their dad and they said it is really cool. Well, it was about 20 miles out of our way, but we thought we are here, why not? When we got to the gate, they wouldn't accept our National Parks Pass, it is a "State" park so the fee was 15 dollars to get in. Dave and Amanda both started saying it's not worth it and let's not do it, and I said I would pay it and I want to see it! So we paid the fee and went in and parked the car. It was just a small parking lot and just a vista point at the top, but boy...when we got to the top...WOW! Totally worth the 15 bucks right there! Everyone agreed! What a view! We took a bunch of pictures and walked around the viewpoint for awhile. The boys loved it and Joel was enjoying taking even more pictures! We are really glad that we stopped to see it. After spending about half an hour there, we went into the gift shop to get the kids some souvenir "flat pennies" and then we headed back home. What a fun two-day vacation this was! Amanda and David picked out his favorite pictures that he took and made a chatbook out of it for him. So cute! I am so glad I was inspired to let him use my camera!
My photographer making me a little nervous again...but he had fun...












0 comments:
Post a Comment