After David's baptism and the brunch. We started the BIG MOVE! Bro. Mason had brought his big car trailer over a day or two before and parked it in our driveway. We thought the ward would be coming around 1 o'clock to help us load and move, but we thought wrong. AGAIN. I know it's because Bro. Mason was busy with his daughter-in-law who was in California having open heart surgery. He left town and it never got announced that what time we were moving. Bishop showed up (he had been at the baptism and asked what time we were loading) and single handedly represented the ward. Thankfully Joel's YSA ward showed up and they were a HUGE help! They did ALL the heavy stuff! They came over to the new house and unloaded it for us too! We are ever so thankful for all their help! Nate got a big flatbed truck from work and we did several loads on that as well. What a crazy day! But we slept in the new house for the first time on March 5th! There was more left to do, odds and ends throughout the week but the biggest part of it was done. YAY! Zander and Jacob were very good to go back and forth with me from the old house to the new house as I loaded up the van with stuff and/or cleaned at the old house. I am so excited the new house has a pantry! I asked someone to unload a basket of food into the pantry so that I could re-use the basket for more food items. Funny they didn't put it on the shelves, just dumped it. The Relief Society sisters came over one day to help me do most of the cleaning. I was so grateful for their help! I was just so exhausted so it was a huge help to have them come and do that. Another sister brought us dinner on Monday. She had felt bad she couldn't help clean and that her husband didn't know about the moving or he would have come and helped. So she brought us dinner. It was wonderful! We are now "mostly" in, but it will be awhile before we are unpacked and settled. This move was really hard and I am not ready to move again for a really long time!
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment