Before Amanda arrived, I had wanted to get shelves hung up in the new "guest" room. My friend Teri has these wonderful long shelves above her sewing machines in her sewing room and I thought, "That would be perfect for my room!" She was about to tell me where I could buy long boards and I suddenly remembered, I have two long shelves out in my garage that we brought from Arizona! (I won't even tell you how long we have been lugging these boards around!) They are over 9 feet long and PERFECT! They were shelves in our girls' room in AZ and they were such nice hard wood that we brought them with us! I have plenty of grey paint leftover so I decided to paint them (and their brackets) and we could hopefully get them hung before Amanda and the boys arrived.
It took a couple of days to get the painting done. Both sides, two coats of paint on each. But they are going to be great! Then Dave went into the spare room to find the studs in the wall. Unfortunately, they are not properly aligned to just hang 9 foot shelves! Unsure what I wanted next, I waited for Amanda to arrive - as she is my interior decorator - and she helped me figure out how to hang them and we only had to cut a little over 1 foot off of each of them!
My handy dandy handymen, Joel and Dave, got to work and cut them, and hung them. They make a great team!
Ta da! This is the finished product above my computer/sewing table. They aren't decorated or organized yet, but I am thrilled to have them up and to have a place to put cute baskets with my projects and supplies up and out of the way! And of course pictures and other cute things on the top shelf which is too high for "stuff" I use. I like them and am so happy for all the helpers who got them out of my garage and up onto the wall!
This is a cute project Amanda brought with her. She made me an apron! Isn't it cute?
While she was here she covered this cute bulletin board for my grey and yellow room and made a cute little throw pillow for the bed!
And of course we had to make some cards! She needed cards to take home, so we made wedding cards, and thank you cards...here's a sample...
...and birthday cards! This was our birthday card production line...they were fun and turned out cute! And we both got plenty of cards to fill our card baskets!
We had so much fun getting projects done and starting others...Amanda, you are my inspiration! Come visit me again soon!!


5 comments:
Ever since I read this yesterday, I can't get it out of my mind that I want some shelves like yours. I have an empty wall in our guest room that would be perfect.
You and Amanda are one creative duo!
So wonderful to have these sweet daughters come to have fun with us....
You two are so crafty! I hope you get to see each other again soon!! I know that I almost never comment, but I always read and I miss your blogging. Where have you gone? :)
I loved the cards!! I love also doing crafts when my daughter comes!! We get to go be crafty in July when we go out to Utah!!
I just LOVE my birthday bag cards!
Post a Comment