CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Conference Weekend...

General Conference weekend happens twice a year.  They are two of my favorite weekends!  I love hearing all the talks and the beautiful music.  There is just something so special about sitting down with your family in your own home and listening to the words of a Living Prophet and Apostles!  It really re-charges my spiritual battery and I look forward to it every time!  This weekend we got to look forward to it for another reason...having Amanda, David and Jacob here with us!  So we tried a little plan and it worked pretty good...a "surprise" bag with each apostle's picture (and the prophet!) and when they were giving their talk, David and Jacob got to open a bag and do the activity or eat the treat.  It turned out pretty well...I think they had fun...
 There were things inside like stickers...pads of paper and pencils, snacks, play dough, etc...
 David showing me his fun stickers...
 For the Saturday sessions, Uncle Joel helped them build a "fort" out of blankets and pillows...
 We were "pitching our tents towards the prophet!"
 One of the best ideas I got from Grandma Honey's blog...pipe cleaners!  Who knew they could be so much fun!  I got out my strainer and David played with those for such a long time!  It kept him quite entertained!  (Jacob was napping at the time)...
 His Momma helped a little too...
 Then he put it on like a hat! That has been out all week and he still likes to play with it.  Thanks for that great idea Grandma Honey!
 This wasn't conference, but it's the boys' Daddy!  How wonderful is it that we can web-cam across the miles and talk with our loved ones!  They have fun talking to Daddy and telling him what they are doing in California and how much they miss him. 
We had a great conference weekend and I can't wait for the Ensign magazine to come out so we can re-read the words of the prophets and remember to follow all the counsel we were given.  One of my favorite talks was President Uchtdorf's...and I loved his two-word sermon.  "Stop It." Look for it in the May Ensign magazine!

2 comments:

Grandma Honey

I feel so honored that you put my strainer idea on here. Actually I got it from my niece. The surprise bag idea is really cute...I think it would make conference a little more real for the tiny ones in the family. So what do you do with the apostle bags that don't speak? Or are you able to find out somehow before who is speaking?

Your conference living room looks just like ours. Oh what memories. It's kind of sad, but this last conf we started a new tradition. Since we have so many grandchildren now, they all watch it from their own homes now. :(

Grandmotherfairy

What darling ideas from two of my favorite grandmas!