The kids got back from Disneyland on Sunday evening. Dave had just started drawing out the car David wanted. (We looked through tons of images before he found one he wanted). Sunday evening it got cut out and Nate worked on the weights of it. Monday David painted it after school and they ran down for the official weigh in of the cars. Fastest a car has ever been made I think! When you have 2 engineers working on it and helping the design, you know you have a fast car! The derby was last night and David's car did really well. He came in 2nd overall. We think he should have been first but it was so close at the last race, even having a couple of "do-overs" it was tough to call! It was a double elimination tournament after they did some runs just for fun at the beginning. I guess the new kid in the ward shouldn't come in first...and make all the others feel bad. ha ha. Anyway, it was fun to watch and all the boys were very sportsmanlike and there were some pretty cool cars! We met a few more people from the ward so that was nice too. I still wasn't feeling up to par so we left as soon as the racing was over. Congratulations David on a well run race and a good looking car!! Grandma will get the patches sewn on your shirt real soon, I promise!
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment