CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 31, 2012

And the fun begins...

(prepare for picture overload the next few days...you have been warned!)
Thursday morning, when I got up, David had already left for school!  I felt bad that I had missed him.  I told him the next morning he had permission to come in and wake me up so I could give him a hug and a kiss before school!  When I got up I spent some time with Jacob while his momma got ready for our outing.  He showed me his "shoo shoo" book (that's Choo Choo for trains) and we found the little teddy bear on each page.  I love it that my grandkids love books!
 Our first outing was to the Mall of Georgia.  A very pretty place and not too far from their house.  We needed to visit a cute little store called Charming Charlies and I was happy to find out we have one in Fresno!  I also needed to shop for some new clothes and Amanda is always happy to help me pick out new things!
 Jacob was a very good shopper!  We ate lunch at the food court but he didn't want to look at me...I guess he was concentrating on his straw...he had Chick-fil-et and Amanda and I had pizza.
 She was a more willing picture subject! 
 After we finished up our shopping (I found a few new clothes and we both found very cute things at Charming Charlies!) we promised Jacob he could play in the wah wah.
 This fun fountain changes from low to high and Jacob loved touching the water. 
 He would touch it and it would splash him and then he'd run away...it was so cute!
 He didn't even really get wet, just some splashes...we all had fun with it. 
 It was a fun day! 
 And when it was time to go, he wanted to push the stroller instead of riding in it.  Cute Jacob!
 We finished in time to pick up David from school.  He is in Pre-K.  The parents pull into the "drive through" and put the children's name on the window (it hangs on the rear view mirror).  As you pull up, the teacher calls for your child to come.  David carpools with his friend Ainsley.  So as each car got their child and pulled out, you keep pulling up until you are in the first spot.  Quite the system they have!
 Here come David and Ainsley, all done with their busy school day and ready to go home!  Aren't they precious?  I couldn't get David to tell me very much about school.  But I did hear some of the color songs he is learning...
We had a nice drive home and took a little rest in the afternoon...because when Daddy gets home from work, we are going to go out to dinner!  

1 comments:

Grandma Honey

What a great car system for pick up. I would have loved that when my kids were little. I use to get their 1/2 early just to get a decent parking place.

I never thought of putting magnets on the dryer. That's a fun idea.