CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cards, Crafts, Monsters and Fruit!

Summer is almost over (although you can't tell from our triple digit heat!) and I wanted to show a little of what I have done.  I am in a card club with a few creative friends and this month we made THANK YOU cards.  This is an assortment of the ones I made...kind of plain, but kind of cute...the other ladies made much cuter ones than these!  I will have to take a picture of all the fun cards I have gotten from this club this year...
This is a craft I made for my mother-in-law several years ago.  I took older pictures of all her kids and added their phone numbers to it.  It says "Loved ones are just a phone call away."  She gave it back to me awhile ago and asked that I update their numbers.  So I did!  I need to re-do this in colors that match her house colors as those have changed over the years like the phone numbers did.
 Jacob turned two and was having a "Monster" party so I made him his own monster pillow thing.  Not really sure what it is.  I saw them on pinterest, and they were a lot cuter than this, but he likes it so it will do!  I also sent him the Birthday Monsters book which I can't wait to read with him NEXT WEEK!!!
 I also crocheted some little monsters that didn't turn out all that cute either (why do the pictures on pinterest always look so much better?) but again Jacob liked them so it's all good.  Aren't little children so non-judgmental?  I love that!
 This week was canning week with our friends the Winieckes.  Monday we did peaches.  YUM!  I'm not sure how many batches we did, but I got several jars to bring home and some fresh ones to eat so I was happy!
 Then Saturday we did pears.  49 quarts total!  We did some cinnamon pears too..again I got to bring some jars home...a great reward for helping with the project!  Tyler Winiecke and I both figured out that a melon-baller is sharp and can cut your finger!  Ann Winiecke and I both got red food coloring all over us...not sure how that happened!  Anyway, we did all those quarts in 2 hours!  Many hands definitely make light work. And it is much more fun "working" with friends!  Thank you!

1 comments:

Amanda

Jacob loves his monsters! And he likes that book too!

Wish you could bring some canned peaches here for me!