I found a few pictures that I forgot to blog about...so here's a little catch up...in May we had our Mormon Helping Hands day. We were assigned to clean and work at the Dry Creek Park. There were so many people there, we didn't have to work very hard! Many hands truly do make light work!
Here's the Adams kids raking away...getting all the rubber chips back into place...
Dave helped too...
Third ward was there too...they made that pavillion shine!
We did a lot of gopher hole filling...and when I say "we" I don't mean me. ha ha...I found a few holes and pointed them out, and then I took pictures!
Dave, Matt (I believe) and Joel helping with the last of the holes. There was no trash to be seen after the kids got done, and some trees even got trimmed. The park looked great and we always enjoy getting out to help on these special days!
This is a tithing blessing story. A couple of years ago (yes, that long ago!) my built in microwave went out. It would run, but it wasn't heating anything. As we can't afford to buy a new one, we bought a cheap "on the counter" microwave to fill in. It was small but we got by. One day, my good friend Grandmother Fairy asked if I knew of anyone who might need a built in microwave! She didn't know I needed one...coincidence? Hmmmm. I told her I did and she said she was remodeling her kitchen and as soon as her was taken out it would be delivered to me! How awesome is that!?
And thanks to my handyman Dave, his assistants Clark and Joel, they got my old one out and the "new" one in. It took a small matter of time...and they got it done!
We are so excited to be able to heat foods and put "tall" things in there again! Thank you so much Grandmother Fairy and my handymen for getting us back in working order!!! I Love it!!!
And as a side note, I knew of someone in our ward that needed a new counter top microwave so I gladly gave her mine! Now I have counterspace again. Love my blessings!!
Last but not least...Father's day. I somehow didn't get a picture of the father...crazy I know! But here's the kids showing him how to operate his new mini helicopter! They had fun flying it all over the living room and trying not to crash it!
Everyone took a turn trying to fly it...with not a whole lot of success I might add...it is tricky!
Dad was trying to land it in Clark's hand...it's hard to see in this picture, but the helicopter is just above his hand...
We had a great meal together and enjoyed having Clark and Ashley come over...Amanda called so we got to talk to her too...Clif called as well. It was a great day! Now back to our regularly scheduled blog.


3 comments:
Oh my gosh, if David new you guys had a flying helicopter, he would make me buy some plane tickets right now. He has been BEGGING me for a helicopter with a remote. But there is no way I'm going to buy one for him. Disaster waiting to happen. So have Dad practice with his, and when we're there at Christmas, David can see it. That will have to do for him. :)
*knew... just saw it when I pushed publish... oops.
Love the tithing/microwave story.
Post a Comment