CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Classy Lady...

 Last Saturday Dave and I took a day trip to Livermore, CA to attend the funeral of his Aunt Ramona.  It was nice to hear the wonderful things everyone had to say about her.  She was indeed a "Classy Lady."  She was always dressed nicely and her jewelry all matched.  She enjoyed the opera and the symphonies, and all things classical.  I noticed that her nails were all nicely painted that day and she looked beautiful and at peace.
 I think my favorite story I heard that day was about the time she and her husband were ushers at the San Fransico (I believe) Opera.  Bevery  Sills was to perform and Tony Randall (the famous actor) would follow Beverly to her shows and record her signing.  Well, Ramona saw him doing it and she immediately confronted him (she is small in stature by the way) and told him he couldn't do that.  He told her no one had ever told him before that he couldn't.  She responded right back, "That's because no one caught you before!"  She confiscated his tape recorder!  Isn't that a great story?  And another one I particularly liked...she was living in an assisted living apartment.  She asked her home teacher to get a picture of the temple and come and attach it to her door.  He wasn't sure if it was allowed to hang things on the door, but he did it anyway!  That represented her and was the first thing you saw when you went to visit her.  Not to mention anyone walking the hallways.  Yes, Aunt Ramona was all class.  We will miss her sweet spirit.  She was 94 years young!
 This is Eldrith - I don't believe I have ever met her before.  She is hugging Barbara (Dave's mom) who is Ramona's sister.  Barbara is last living member of the immediate Kloss family.  I believe Elderith is Barbara's niece. 
The good thing about funerals is it brings family together.  This is the McKinney clan that was able to be there that day.  It is always nice to visit with any of them that we can.  Five of Terry and Barbara's eight children were there.  Nice!  The ward in Livermore had a nice lunch for us afterwards and Aunt Ramona was to be buried the following Monday at the military cemetery next to her husband Jake. 

One thing I learned at the funeral that I had not known before...that "Goodbye" is a contraction of the words God Be With You.   Did anyone else know that?  Perhaps I am just a slow learner.  But I do like that..."Goodbye" has taken on an all new meaning when I say it now.

A favorite memory I have of Ramona is when she, Barbara, Me and my two girls went to the Modesto Symphony together.  It was a lovely evening (my girls both play string instruments) and we all enjoyed it very much.  Aunt Ramona was so talkative and the girls enjoyed getting to know her a little bit.  The last time we saw Aunt Ramona was at Barbara's 80th birthday last October.  She was singing Happy Birthday with gusto!  We know the symphony in heaven was warmed up for her arrival! We love you Aunt Ramona!