CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another funeral...


Just six days after Aunt Ramona's funeral, we had another one.  Early in the morning on Monday, July 23rd, our sweet friend Sandi Done had a massive heart attack and died suddenly.  We were all in such shock!  Her services were held on Friday the 27th and I was able to take the day off work and attend.  I so wanted to be there.  We love the Bolton/Hutchason/Done clan..they are a huge part of our church ward and our lives.  Sandi's husband Joe had ALS and passed away a few years ago.  We know they are happily reunited and with their daughter Donna Lynn who was killed in a car accident at the age of 10.  The services were beautiful, she was a stalwart person and very fun too.  We will miss her and her sense of humor!  One of my fondest memories of her is when they first moved into our ward...we had some kind of a Relief Society talent night and she presented a poem about a sailor, or a ship captain, something of that sort.  It was funny, she recited it so cute, and had the hat and pipe props...the pipe blew bubbles...I knew then what an asset their family would be to our ward.  I had her daughter Megan in my seminary class and at girls camp...she was a delightful girl!  It was nice to see all of the family together and also to see Sister Bolton still going so stong (she is Sandi's mom and in her 80's).  It must be hard for her, but you can't tell it.  She is an amazing woman and her kids are all just like her!  We love all of them...Goodbye for now Sandi (remember, Goodbye is a contraction for "God Be With You") we will miss you.

1 comments:

Grandma Honey

I remember what good care she took of Charlene Miller in our ward.
Last time I saw Sandi we were both at Kaiser. She took the time to come up and talk to me, even though we didn't know each other very well.