CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 26, 2011

Missing Mom...

Three years ago today, my mom returned home to her Heavenly Father.  I am still so grateful for the knowledge of where she is and who she is with.  I do think about her and miss her every single day...And I know in a lot of ways she is still with US.  I see and feel her in so many things and places...I love and miss her.  I love looking at pictures of her, especially in her younger days, just being my mom...weren't we stylin'?
 And I love remember things she has taught me.  One day when I was 12, she came home and said that when my work was done, she had a surprise for me.  I could not imagine at all what it would be!  Turns out, it was some embroidery kits and she taught me to embroider.  I still have the Holly Hobby pictures I made way back then.  They look like a 12 year old did them, but they adorn my laundry room and I love to look at them and remember my mother teaching me a new, fun thing...
 It was a wonderful surprise that day, and though I don't do much embroidery anymore, I still know how and I still enjoy looking at the things I have made...thanks Mom...love you!

1 comments:

Grandma Honey

I know just what you mean about thinking of your mom every single day. I also hear my Mom's words in my head, especially when I'm trying to make a decision about something. You probably do that also, right?