Before I get to the weekend...I must back track a couple of pictures and finish off Ashley's birthday...she chose Red Robin for her birthday dinner on Tuesday night. Joel had mutual so couldn't join us, but the other boys did...We had good food and good company!
Happy Birthday Ashley! Now we have officially celebrated! (And she got the waiter to bring her the brithday sundae and NOT have anyone sing to her!)
Clark and Clif getting a good meal under their belts! I personally just had dessert...it was minty, and chocolate chippy, and had cool whip on top...YUM! Now on to the productive weekend...
On Saturday the 13th I spent the day at Ann's and we bottled fruit! Peaches, Pears, and Cinnamon Pears. We bottled 7 batches! (There are 7 bottles in a batch). Our kind husbands (who did help with some of the peeling and cutting) processed the batches for us (in hot water on the stove) while we took a break and went and saw the movie, "The Help." Donna and Rachel joined us. It was wonderful to relax and enjoy a REALLY GOOD MOVIE!! Some of us had read the book and absolutely loved it. I always worry that the movie will not do the book justice, but this time it did! It was done very well and I loved it. By the time we got back all the fruits had been processed (between the Winiecke house and the McKinney house) so we were DONE. And of course we did our laundry and usual Satruday chores..then we finished off the night by buying Taco Bell for dinner and eating at the Winieckes and then playing cards. It was a very productive and fun day! I love looking at the pretty jars of fruit...


0 comments:
Post a Comment