You will be amazed how easy these are...but still be impressed if I ever bring you any!
Boil 1 cup of water and 1 cube of margarine (or butter)
Stir in 1 cup of flour quickly, then remove from heat.
Beat in 4 eggs 1 at a time (I do 2 at a time because I'm a rebel that way)
For Cream puffs, drop in dollops on a greased cookie sheet. For the cake, spread in a greased 9x13.
Cream puffs bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then 350 for 30 minutes.
Cake bakes at 400 for 30 minutes.
When puffs are cool, cut off the tops and clean out any stuff that didn't cook all the way. Fill with chocolate pudding and top with cool whip. You can make any flavor puffs you want. I have made lemon meringue and they are pretty good too.
For the Cake, when it is cool, mix 1 large box of Vanilla or Chocolate instant pudding as directed on box. Beat in an 8 oz softened cream cheese. Spread this layer over the puffy crust. Then top with cool whip and drizzle chocolate sauce (Hershey's syrup for me) across the top. There are those of you out there who make chocolate sauce and that is probably better...but I'm a Hershey girl).
I got the "cake" recipe instructions from the lilluna blog (her button is down on the left side of this blog). She has the sauce recipe and a delightful picture of a piece of the cake. I love her blog and have tried several things from it. Crafts and other ideas as well as recipes. Next up, I'm gonna try her S'mores cookie recipe. Can't wait!!


3 comments:
Thank you...Sunday dinner I think!
Thank you for this! I think I will make it tonight for tomorrow!! Now I'm off to look at that picture.
I made this for Logan and Amy and the kids for yesterday's dinner and everyone loved it! (even the babies!)
Post a Comment