CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Relief Society Retreat...

The ward we are in does a Relief Society Retreat ever year.  Last year Amanda and I weren't able to go because of her work schedule and with the kids here.  This year she insisted that I go as soon as she gets home (she works closer to home this year so is home before 4).  So I arranged a ride with some ladies and went.  It was at someone's family cabin out in Schofield.  WHAT A CABIN!  It was so huge.  Luckily I got a bed and didn't have to sleep on the floor!  We had a nice dinner and played a game or two, then the presidency gave a little devotional and that was followed by a "talk if you want to" evening.  Not really a testimony meeting, but just anything you wanted to say.  Many, many sisters had something to say, mostly about the ward and how wonderful everyone is.  Some shared a few fun stories and remembrances of retreats in the past.  It was fun to listen to them all.  Then I was ready for bed!  I went to bed, but all the young sisters out in the family room were talking and laughing until the wee hours it seems.  Hard to go to sleep!  I needed to get home early the next morning and the sister I rode up with was leaving early, so we got up quietly and left before breakfast.  There were a couple of sisters that left the night before, and if I ever go again, I will do that and not stay the night.  I need my sleep!  But it was a fun experience to go and the two younger sisters I rode with are so cute.  I enjoyed getting to know them a little better.  




 My bed...with the quietest roommate ever.  I kept listening to make sure she was breathing!


0 comments: