CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Eve and Day

 Dave and I rode the train up to Salt Lake for the Jazz game.  So exciting!  They were playing the Phoenix Suns.  We were HUGE Phoenix Suns fans back in the day (20 years ago!). We had wanted to go to a game to see Eric do the fire bursts.  But he wasn't doing it that night, bummer. Had some fireworks to do somewhere.  We loved our view and we loved the fire bursts when they announced the players.  It was a fun game!  Very exciting and the Suns made the Jazz work for it, but the Jazz did end up winning.  I had posted this first picture on Facebook when we arrived at the arena and a friend from high school back in Mesa commented that she had almost the same view!  They were up here for a grandbaby blessing and their son got them all tickets for this game.  She said she thought she saw me and to look over a couple of sections and she would stand up and wave.  There she was!  Sissy Blackburn Rosenhan!  What are the odds?  She came over at halftime and we chatted for a couple of minutes.  I didn't even think to take a picture!  Anyway, It's been over 30 years since I have seen her!  Dave and I really enjoyed the game.  Thanks Eric and Randa for the tickets!  We caught the train back home and were home before 10 p.m.  Nate was nice enough to go outside and light off some fireworks for us.  We all watched from inside.  It was still snowy and cold.  Thanks Nate!  Happy New Year!  New year's day we went to church, it was a nice quiet day.  The one day we were glad for the late church schedule.  ha ha.  There was game playing and just spending time together.  We are ready for 2017!!





0 comments: