CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January is over...just like that!

I have to say, on Inauguration day, I felt peaceful. I don't care a lot for Mr. Trump, but I sure as heck didn't want his opponent in the white house (again).  The past 8 years, I have not cared one iota for Pres. Obama.  I have never listened to any of his speeches because I can't stand him (or his wife).  If he ever came on the news or anything, I turned it off or turned the channel.  I held my peace for 8 years.  I may have to do it again for the next 4 years, I don't know.  I can say after Trump's first week in office, I have been pleasantly surprised and can't find anything to complain about yet. I think all the rioting and "protesting" that have been anything but peaceful and legal, are disgusting.  We didn't do any of that when Obama one, TWICE.  And the picture of the policeman in DC on inauguration day, is my nephew Andrew.  I was scared to death for him to be in the middle of any of that, and sure enough, he was.  Thankfully all is well.  I must say though, watching the proceedings on the 20th, my favorite shot was this helicopter taking the Obama's OUTTA THERE! My second favorite thing was Mrs. Trump in her beautiful blue outfit (with gloves!) and being escorted by that young soldier.  His momma must have been so proud!  I think Mrs. Trump will bring some class to the white house.  And I love that Trump is a family man.  They all looked great.  His speech was pretty good, started sounding like a campaign speech towards the end.  But he never says I, I, I, like Obama, he talks about US, AMERICA and I truly hope he does want to make it great again!  



Have you ever gotten a ridiculous "fortune" from a cookie?  Who gets paid to make this stuff up!?  Saturday is already a special day, the day we get ready for Sunday.  Ha ha.  I love Mt. Timp in the snow, and when there's a beautiful sunset...this picture should be more PINK, as that's what it really looked like.  Yes, still cold and our drain is frozen, but drips on a sunny day.  Art in nature. And last but not least, better than any inauguration, donut day with David!  He reads to me, we eat donuts, and Zander got to hang out with us too!  He liked the donut as long as I put it in his mouth and he didn't have to touch it.  Silly boy.  Don't mind my messy hair and no makeup, it was a rushed morning and cold and rainy!  David is a great reader and it was a fun 30 minutes at the beginning of our day!  XOXO




0 comments: