CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2014

Festival of Trees...

We went to the Festival of trees in Sandy last night.  It is a HUGE event put on every year to raise money for Primary Children's Hospital.  Rows and rows and rows of donated trees that are all decorated with a theme.  Over 800 trees of all sizes.  Wow.  They sell for thousands of dollars!  Also rows and rows of wreaths, quilts, gingerbread houses and other miscellaneous things that have all been donated.  Our favorite part is the gift shop (homemade crafts and many wonderful items all donated) and the Sweet Shoppe.  They even have an Elf shop that has inexpensive things kids can buy to give as gifts.  Again, everything there was donated!  Santa is there and there is a stage at each end of the convention center where different musical groups and dancers come and perform.  It is an amazing event and so fun to go to!  We also buy the scones and cinnamon rolls.  Yum!  This year we saw the most amazing wooden contraption that has ping pong balls rolling through it, around it, up and down etc.  Very amazing and it turns out it was made by our friend's dad!  Paul Newman...his son Chris is our neighbor and friend from Lindon. It sold for over 17,000 dollars!!  He's already planning on making another one for next year.  We stood and watched it for quite some time.  We saw a lot of "Frozen" themed trees and it turns out one of them was donated by the Holmes family.  Wish I would have known, I would have taken a picture of theirs instead of the one that I did.  There was a missionary tree somewhere, but I never saw it.  We saw a very cool gingerbread Salt Lake Temple.  It was made by a young man for his Eagle Project!  There was also a Manti temple and another Salt Lake temple.  The gingerbread creations were amazing.  The quilts were beautiful and the nutcracker one made me think of Terry Olsen and her love for collecting nutcrackers.  I particularly liked the yellow and grey quilt.  Sorry my pictures are blurry, but you get the idea.  We saw some pretty neat play houses and a pirate ship!  I can't even imagine how much those sold for.  Last year they made 1.87 million dollars for the hospital. It is a fun event and I am glad we went.









0 comments: