I have so many Farnsworth cousins up here. I have wanted to get together with them since I got here! It's been a year and we still hadn't gotten together! The oldest Farnsworth cousin - Janet said we should just do it...so we picked a date, let everyone know well in advance. So many had said they couldn't come on the day we originally planned so we moved it up a week. Saturday, August 2nd. Several more said they could make it that day. So I was excited that Janet would be here, her two sisters from Delta, and her brother, wife and a couple of his kids also from Delta, then two cousins who are sisters who live literally 10 minutes away from me and their sister-in-law (she was married to my cousin but he passed away 14 years ago), and then of course Eric and his family. So I was planning on quite a fun little get together! Pot luck at my house. Imagine my disappointment as Janet told me before hand that she couldn't come now - she doesn't have a job and money is an issue. I totally understand, and if she lived closer than Tooele I would just go get her! I was counting on her "family genealogy expertise" about some pictures and things. Well, Eric and his family got here first and then Mindi and Jenni Bell with their sister-in-law Angela. It was nice to finally meet her! I can't believe she has been a widow for 14 years...she has two boys. Amazing lady. She and my cousin met on their missions. She was in Columbia but had to go to Florida to wait for a visa or something and met Cody there. Didn't really like him at first! ha ha. Met again at a mission reunion (she crashed his reunion). Fun to finally connect with Mindi and Jenni, it only took us a year to get together! They live in Pleasant Grove! Jenni is ill a lot (she has factor 5 like me! and diabetes and such, is trying to get disability) and Mindi works full time, is a temple coordinator, AND in the stake relief society. So understandable that we've had a hard time connecting! Anyway, time went on and no one else was here! We texted LuAnne from Delta only to find out that Kathy wasn't feeling well so they weren't coming. They had told Neil to tell us. Well, Neil and his family didn't show up either! I was looking forward to meeting his wife. They let me know (the next day) they were sorry but they had car trouble and couldn't make it. I was very disappointed, but did enjoy visiting with the Bells! Mindi, Jenni and Angela were very fun to catch up with. And we did enjoy looking at the old pictures, but they couldn't answer any of my questions. (They are all younger than me!) I was grateful to Eric and Randa for supporting me (Eric was hesitant to come because he didn't know anyone...but really he knows Mindi and Jenni. Out of all the cousins, they are the ones he knows! We will try another time (sooner rather than later!) to get more of us together again. I do hope to catch up with all these cousins who I have not seen in ages! Meet their spouses and children (a lot of us have grandchildren too!) and keep family ties going. All of my dad's siblings are gone so it is up to this generation to keep connected. Thankfully we do keep up a lot on facebook, but I would still like to meet and visit in person! I love my family and my heritage! The fist picture is just of a volunteer sunflower plant (I think it's a weed actually) the sprung up out of nowhere! The stock is super thick and we have had fun watching it this summer!
Randa, Mindi, Me, Jenni, and Angela
Kai and Makayela...the other two Farnsworth littles were downstairs in the playroom...




0 comments:
Post a Comment