CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Hall of Fame...or the end of an era...

This hall of fame started many years ago...in a land called Arizona.  I had 4 little ones and the oldest was beginning kindergarten.  I found these cute "school years" pictures and bought 4 of them. (My mom had one of me and I always liked looking at the progression).  As the years went by I added more pictures and more frames to the wall...after 7 years, we had another child!  Our caboose who took a long time getting here, but we waited patiently for because we knew we weren't a complete family until he arrived!  But would I be able to find another school picture frame to match the others?  It took some doing, but I did!  I love them and it has been so fun "updating" them every year.
 These have always hung in our hallway, and I have enjoyed watching them fill up over the years.  There were a lot of empty little ovals for the longest time, and sometimes I thought they would never be done.  But suddenly, out of the blue, they are.  We put Joel's senior picture in the other day and now the wall is completed.  It's a little bittersweet!  I do love looking at them all and how they have grown and changed through the years.  
 Ashley...graduated from Clovis High School in 2002...
 Amanda, graduated from Clovis High School in 2004...
 Clifton, graduated from Clovis High School in 2005...
 Clark, graduated from Clovis High School in 2006...
 And now Joel...also graduating from Clovis High School in 2013...
The end of an era...for my wall, and for Clovis High School.  No more McKinneys walking the halls! I will be able to look at these for years to come and truly enjoy walking down my hall seeing their cute, smiling faces looking at me!


1 comments:

Grandma Honey

I so wish I had done something like this. And I so like how you kept them and didn't give them to your kids as they left home. That day will come, but I think they belong on your wall.