It is a well known fact at my place of employment, that my boss is a Star Wars geek...nerd...whatever term of endearment you care to use. Well, it turns out this weekend he turns 40. We could not let this pass...so I made him a 40 Sucks bouquet. With 40 dum dums....aka suckers!
Then the amazing Cupcake Stef made me some Star Wars cupcakes! They were a hit! Everyone took out their phones and took pictures of them! The Chewbacca one was the favorite (the hairy guy on the bottom row). The Darth Vaders and Yodas were pretty cool too...not to mention, Han, Princess Leia and Luke. There were some light sabers and a "May the Force Be With You" sign...and my personal favorite, "Happy Bday Dark Lord James." Oh my goodness, it was like she knew my boss! We always know when he's in a good mood if he's whistling the Darth Vader music!
He was pleased with the cupcakes and even posted a picture of them on his facebook page. And of course there's all the "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters...change "Carry On" to you favorite passion ("Keep Calm and shop at Target, Quilt, go to In-n-Out...whatever you like) so when I saw the Yoda version, I had to print it up for him. I laminated it and wrote on the back for his "card." Sometimes he does need to be reminded to breathe deeply. ha ha...
It was a very Star Wars day at work...we had lots of food and fun! He feels so old and I just laugh because I have 10 years on him! Happy Birthday James Taylor...and may you live to be as old and wise as Yoda. I will miss you when I move to Utah...not my job, but the people...I will miss some of them a lot.



1 comments:
What a CUTE idea with those dum dum suckers!
Post a Comment