CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Family History I am doing it...

I started scanning all of my mom's and dad's pictures last year...still plugging away at it! But some of the pictures just BEG for their story to be told...and I wish I had made somebody tell me the stories while they were still around! Now I am on my own, trying to dig up the past. (I love it in the past, BTW). Here are some of the reasons I want to know my family history...
This is a picture of my dad (second from right) Arlow Farnsworth and 3 of his 4 brothers. I don't even know which one is which, I just know for certain which one is my dad! Isn't it an adorable picture? I wonder what kind of sandwich they are eating...
Then there is my dad's dad...Frank Farnsworth...I want to know all about his life, his mission in Buck Valley, PA and how he met my grandma and all about his parents...I want to KNOW MORE than what I know...(which isn't much!)
This is Frank Farnsworth and Alice Gale on their honeymoon...sure wish I knew MORE. Like where they went, how long they courted, how her parents felt about him...etc...I do know they were very outdoorsy and love camping and scouting and all of that stuff...

And here is a picture of Alice Gale's parents...Michael Hala Gale and Martha Addeline Cope...I want to know ANYTHING about them...I know so little...I do know he was killed by lightening...that he served a two year mission leaving Martha and several children at home...but I want to know MORE...
and so this week I began my journey...the one I should have started long ago...digging up the past and trying to learn as much as I can..thank you to Sis. Nankervis who is sparking the interest and will keep the fire going by sharing her knowledge of research with us. It will be a long and slow journey, but an enjoyable one...and through it I hope to get to know my ancestors. I hope they are smiling down on us and will "help" prod the work along as needed. And in the meantime, I will work on my own life story and pictures so that my children and grandchildren hopefully won't have to work as hard at knowing their ancestors!

2 comments:

Grandma Honey

Your Dad looks like one of triplets. Three seem to be the same size and look so much alike. What blonde hair they all had!

I know what you mean about family history. I have pictures and dates but few stories. I so want to know more also. When we know about them then they come to life for us.

I hope you share more of your journey in this. Too bad they didn't keep blogs back then!

Lady Linda

Thanks to Kathy Nankervis, I'm also starting to work on my family history. It seems overwhelming but I think if you take it one step at a time, something can be accomplished. My dad has been gone for almost 40 years and he was an only child, so I know how it feels to wish you could find out more first hand from your family!