CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 5, 2010

Folsom, Family, Food, and Fun...

Saturday, July 3rd we took a day trip to Folsom. We visited with Terry and Barbara and had a busy and wonderful day! We visited a pioneer cemetery, had a picnic by the river, toured Sutter's Mill, and finished up some yard work at the folks' that we didn't get finished on Memorial Day weekend...

Joel, Clif and Barbara strolling through Sutter's Mill...
the beautiful river, lots of kayaks and canoes out on this perfect weather day...

Our picnic right by the river...Barbara, Terry, Dave and Allyson...

Joel and Clif - finally let me take a quick picture...

Barbara's beautiful Hydrangea, it is a lovely dark purple, the picture doesn't do it justice...

Clif's turn with the chainsaw thinning out Barbara's oleander bushes...

He did a great job and we finally got it all finished up...


Joel piled the branches and stomped them down good...(I think he enjoyed this job!)
The rest of these pictures are from Memorial Day weekend when Dave, Joel and I went down to help with some yard work. It was a productive weekend...that is also the weekend I bought all those books at DI (I blogged about that earlier but never got around to blogging our yard work!).

Dave with the chainsaw, cut down a tree and started trimming the huge oleanders in the back of the house...

Joel holding said tree...

Barbara was our supervisor and did a lot of trimming and clipping herself... I was afraid we were pooping her out!! But she insists on working with us...

I helped pull oak seedlings...there were TONS of them! In and around the rocks, flowers beds, bushes...wow...little acorns...big trouble!

Dave and Joel helped clean all the debris off the roof and out of the rain gutters...brooms and blowers came in handy!

I like this picture of Barbara happy on her porch and the leaves fluttering down from Joel doing his work on the roof...

The McKinney team...they do good work!! Memorial day weekend was very productive..in FOLSOM...our house is another story. :) Stay tuned for more posts on our Sutter's Mill visit and the pioneer cemetery this weekend...

3 comments:

Amanda

My house is next!! I have a nice long list of things the boys can do while they're here... :)

Lady Linda

Can I be adopted into your family??? I've got lots of projects that need a good team like yours!

Grandmotherfairy

What a beautiful job you did...and Barbara looks great...it doesn't look like she aged at all....