Early morning on the 5th of July...Clovis 2nd ward had a flag raising and pancake breakfast. Much too early for me, but Joel was in the color guard so we went. We were happy once we got there....Bro. Budge and some of his patrol...Joel, Jacob and Jordan...

They did a great job raising the flag...then we pledged it and then we listened to Red Skelton's interpretation of the pledge of allegiance...very stirring. THEN, Marcia Brase sang the national anthem...beautiful! It all brought chills to me...

There were many happy friends there (for so early in the morning!)...

Our beautiful sister missionaries with our beautiful sister Scott! The star stickers were a nice touch! Next year I want some!

Then we went inside to eat breakfast...Joel and Dave...

Clif and Phil...

and me holding Scarlet! I was saying, "just take a picture of Scarlet!" I just rolled out of bed and had no hair or makeup done...ick! But after I ate I got to hold a fussy triplet while her parents ate and it made me so happy! She snuggled down and went to sleep. It was one of their first outings to the ward! Fun!

Bro. Brown got some of his friends to bring their cool cars for a mini car show...then they gave rides around the parking lot! It was so nice of them to do that!!
.JPG)
Later in the afternoon Dave grilled us up some burgers and hot dogs! Yum! We had the sides of course and rootbeer floats! It was heavenly!
.JPG)
Robin, Jennifer and Jayden joined us...Jayden was fixated on the wii game his mom and Clark were playing...
.JPG)
Jenn and Clark playing wii...Joel and Clif playing on the computer, and Jayden playing in the toy bucket...with his new haircut! See next set of pictures...
.JPG)
Jayden getting a hair cut...in our back yard...by Clif!
.JPG)
It was torture for Jayden...only some M&M's would help keep him still for a little bit at a time!
.JPG)
all done and washing off in the hose! What a day!
We really did enjoy our 4th of July celebration on Monday the 5th. Even though it started so early! I got to end the day's fun by going to help feed the triplets. It was a wonderful day with family and friends!!
3 comments:
I wanted to go to the breakfast, but my family was really not interested in getting up that early, except for Tom who helped Bill Luke with the cooking. In the end, I went to swim practice at 5:00 A.M. and had a patriotic workout!
What a cute butt !! It was a fun day and thanks for having us over !!!
Yay! I found you! Cool blog. You inspired me. I need to get going again on mine! Now I will check out the reading one.... :)
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment