CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Projects...

I have had a couple of fun projects that I attempted this month. Tell me how you think they turned out...
First, I took these pink crib bumber pads purchased at a yard sale for $2...


Then I purchased the fabric of Amanda's choice for about $12 (gotta love Joann's 50% off coupons!)

It was hard fabric to work with, and as with all my sewing projects, if you don't look CLOSELY, they turned out pretty good.





Hope my new grandson will be comfy in his blue and brown crib! Bumper pads that look almost identical to this in the store were $30. Even with shipping we are ahead and it was fun to do!
And then...

My other project was this LARGE Sequence board for one of Dave's favorite games. My friend Ann and I each made one for our husbands for Father's day. It was a fun project and Dave was happy to get it! We all played a few rounds with him on Father's day. And guess what, all us old people can see the board clearly! Now when we play games with Ann and Dan, whichever house we're at, there is a large board! Thanks to the Martinez family for the idea!!


Dave talking to Amanda while playing Sequence with his other children. It was a fun day! Now, which of my million projects shall I start on next?

7 comments:

Randa Farnsworth

They turned out great!

Lauren Call Green

You are such a crafty lady :) They both look wonderful! What a lucky husband and grandson you have!!

Amanda

Cute! I think they turned out great! Now I really need to get started on his quilt.... 6 weeks! Yikes!

Caleen

What a great idea. Love the bumper pads.. They turned out great. What a thoughtful gift for your hubby. You always have clever ideas :)

Grandma Honey

I absolutely love the color of that new fabric. What a great idea to just cover a garage sale bumper!
I didn't know Amanda is going to have another son...how wonderful is that!!

kelly

Tyler and I love sequence! Sometime when your not playing with Ann and Dan you can play with us! I love the bumpers, so cute! Also, where did you find a cute pin cushion? I keep my eyes open and I never see cute ones. I hate my pin cushions.

Melissa

We played sequence with Ann and Dan last week, the new board was great! You are so talented!