CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Faith...

I was asked to teach our RS "personal progress" class on Faith this week. I was nervous about doing it, but it was good for me to study this topic. I am grateful to the ladies who attended the class and for their thoughts, input and participation. I was the most enlightened when I read the definition of Faith in the bible dictionary. I also enyoyed reading the various scriptures and the Proclamation on the family. I will enjoy continuing to study and work on this value along with my sisters in Relief Society. My two favorite quotes on Faith this week are these:
"Worry ends where Faith begins" and...


"When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, FAITH is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly." Edward Teller

I will try to do as Pres. Hinckley has advised, GO FORWARD AS IF EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT...in other words, go forth in FAITH!

4 comments:

Grandmotherfairy

Thank you so much for posting those quotes...I was going to ask for them. You did a beautiful job...it was a blessing to be there.

Melissa

I was going to ask for the quotes too! You must have known we all would want them. Thanks for teaching the class. It was just what I needed to hear.

Lady Linda

I wish I could have been at your class, I'm sure it was great. Thanks for pitching in with playing the piano at RS too!

Unknown

You did such a great job on the class !!! thank you for always being willing to sustain me in my calling and help out whenever you are asked !! And thanks for the quotes !!!