Our monthly evening book club was this week. The past few months attendance has been, shall we say, pretty down. Even with all the reminders, people still have reasons they can't come...but everyone WANTED to come. It just doesn't happen. Stefanie was so gracious to open up her home to us, and when I got there it was just going to be me and her. I was so disappointed. I asked her if I should just give up and stop trying to have book club. We thought about it as we began to fix plates with her YUMMY desserts and strawberry lemonade. We sat down and started discussing the book, "Eve and the choice made in Eden" and THEN...the doorbell rang...and Christi came in. YAY! Then Peggy came, and last but not least, Caleen came! There were 5 of us! It cheered my heart. We had a wonderful discussion about Eve and the book (even those who hadn't read it, left with a copy and a desire to read it!) and truly enjoyed Stefanies treat. Her "leaf" die cuts sprinkled around the table were a perfect touch. Thanks Stef! And thank you to those of you who came and made it such an enjoyable evening of sisterhood! It was almost Eden!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
A Pleasant surprise...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I've never heard of that book but it sounds like something I would like. I would be curious how they summarize that all up because I have so many questions.
Good for you to keep having your bookclub. I love ours too although lately my attendance is poor. This post has motivated me to change that.
If you ever start a petition to get a DI here, I will be the first to sign it :)))
It was fun to come join all of you at book club. I am determined to read more.. You are a great example.
It was a fun time. You really hit the jack pot at the DI.. Wow.. All those wonderful books.. I totally would sign the petition.. :)
Post a Comment