Saturday, April 6, 2019
Sweet Jeannie Wilburg...
I was so sad to learn of Jeannie Wilburg's sudden passing. I have been her visiting teacher (now ministering sister) pretty much since I moved into the Lindon 8th ward. She is the sweetest soul ever. She was having a lot of health issues and even called me on day crying because she was in so much pain. Ted Hansen and Dave went over to give her a blessing, her husband was there (he is out of town a lot) so he and Ted did the blessing. I had offer several times to bring dinner but she said no, she has a daughter living there and her husband, they could take care of things. Jeannie was also raising her two grandsons. One used to play with David all the time. They were good friends. The older one was in Amanda's math class at Oak Canyon. Jeannie would do anything for those boys. I enjoyed all my visits with her (with my companion Lisa Bezzant) and was just so shocked to hear that she died. It had just been her birthday and I had sent her a birthday text but she never responded. She didn't feel well enough to celebrate really, and one evening her husband had taken her shopping for some new clothes (She is the Relief Society Secretary and that has been the best to see her staying for RS and getting to know the women) and when they got home, they went straight to the hospital. There was something behind her liver and she had internal bleeding that they just couldn't get to stop. And like that, she was gone. We are all in shock and just can't believe it. I volunteered to help with the funeral luncheon. I didn't do much except bring dessert and help set tables. Everything looked so beautiful. I do have to say, she didn't not look herself in that casket. I don't know why, but it just hardly looked like her. Those two grandsons were crying and it was just so, so sad. The funeral was very nice and I hope her family all could tell how much we in the ward loved her! I did not know she wrote poetry! The one they put on the program as so good. I wish I had known that about her. I hope maybe some of her family will start coming to church more now. I know her husband will see to her temple work. She was taking a temple prep class too. I was sad to have moved out of the ward and not being her ministering sister. I also feel like over the years I didn't do more of what I could have for her. She has suffered a lot in her life with cancer and other problems. I do give thanks for the fact that we know where she is and that she is out of pain. Love you Jeannie! Rest in peace sweet lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment