September 7th and 8th was our Relief Society Retreat. The presidency went up on the 6th to get ready. It was so fun for just the four of us to be there. Our theme was "Be a Pineapple. Stand Tall, Wear a Crown, and Be Sweet on the inside." We had more fun shopping for pineapple themes and things...and we had a great turn out! I had a big old bed and bathroom to myself that first night! Amanda came up for the day on the 7th and I drove back with her that night because I had my cousin's funeral to attend the next day. I was glad I got to be there for one night and a whole day/evening though. Debbie Lee, our fearless leader (President) and Shawna Powell (counselor) and Carol Clubb (Secretary) are such wonderful women to work with. I did come a little undone however when Debbie asked me to give the prayer the first night with all the sisters because we had a kneel down pleading prayer for one of our sisters who was in the hospital and not doing well. That was really hard and I couldn't believe she asked me to do it! It was very humbling to say the least and it was hard to get through that prayer due to choking up and tears...whew. Everything else was just wonderful and I so love this ward!! We will soon be leaving this ward (more to come on our moving plans) and it is going to be hard!! I love pineapples now (not eating them) but for decor and thinking of our retreat everytime I see them!! Be a Pineapple!
![]() |
| Cute candy treats, Rolos and Kisses |
Debbie worshiping the sun.
![]() |
| Carol, Debbie, Me and Shawna...love these ladies so much! |
![]() |
| Amanda and me |


















0 comments:
Post a Comment