CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lindon 8th Literary Ladies


My last job before our Relief Society Presidency was released was to get a book club started. I asked Meg Gillman to help and we got it started! I hosted the first one and I hope they continue it after I leave! My book was "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton. I loved this book and couldn't put it down. It starts with the teenaged daughter witnessing a murder (with a cake knife at the sibling's birthday party). She is not the only secret keeper in the story. There are twists and turns and every time I think I might get it, I don't. Ha. Anyway, 13 ladies came and we had a great discussion! Then of course we had birthday cake for treats cut with a cake knife tied with a red ribbon. It was perfect. I am so sad to be leaving this ward and I hope to keep up on what books they are reading! I do hope they will continue this now that it has started.  The second picture is of smoke we can see from the fire in Payson. Such a large fire and not getting under control. Makes us so sad that Payson canyon is getting burnt up. Also, our garden looks so good, hate to leave that behind! 


0 comments: