CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2018

Vacay! Off to Virginia!

Dave and I headed off on a red-eye flight to Richmond, Virginia. It was a loooong night! Thankfully I wore my compression socks, the cute polka dotted ones. We left at almost midnight on the 10th and arrived in Virginia about 9:30 a.m. on the 11th. I did not sleep well (at all) on the planes. We were pretty tired by the time Diana and Auntie Adona picked us up at the airport. At our layover to change planes, the sun was just coming up. It was a huge round ball and looked so beautiful! The picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL. But everyone was taking pictures of it.  It was an amazing sight as it rose. A perfect sunrise.  When we landed in Richmond, we saw some antiques. Pay phones! Didn't know they had those anymore. Ha! Anyway, it was a 2 hour drive back to Diana's place in Fishersville. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for some breakfast. I LOVE Cracker Barrel! If I wasn't flying and had room to take stuff back, there were things I would have bought in that cute store! I am glad to know we have a Cracker Barrel in Springville and we will need to go there! Anyway, we got to Diana's lovely home. Such a beautiful setting! Looking over fields and horses off her back porch...and looking down the lane to where other people live, but not right next door. It was beautiful! We did lay down and sleep for a couple of hours just to get over the rough night. We have decided we will NOT be taking red-eyes anymore. And we will rent a car next time so they don't have to drive so far to get us! We dearly loved the taxi service and the visiting time though. Auntie seemed to recognize us and gave us hugs, but she didn't say much during the drive back. We were excited to be there and to have a fun few days! 







0 comments: