CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 28, 2018

My Now Annual Loa visit...

Last year I went to spend a week with Aunt Beverly (and to visit Aunt Lew too) and help her with some projects. It was so fun I decided to do it again this year! She puts up with me for a whole week can you believe it? I have so much fun and I LOVE helping her with projects. Our first project this time was to clean out and organize (mostly organize - she doesn't get rid of much I tell ya) the two cupboards up above her couch in the TV room. We pulled everything out, repackaged, labeled, and organized most of it back in there! We found some really fun OLD things! Like these Sears and Roebuck advertisements, old tins with various items in them (crocheting and sewing things), Grandpa Brown's straw hats, and Great Grandma Ellett's felt hat with flowers (I will find the picture of her wearing it) and some other hats that I believe were hers. Grandma Brown didn't wear hats. There was also an old box (that held the hats) that was an apple box sent from Hancock! In 1958! That is where Uncle Roger and Aunt Adona lived and had the Park-N-Dine restaurant. AND, the postage on the box was stamps of Monticello! How timely that all was since I had just been there. I cut the stamps off and kept them (with permission of course!). I also tripped a little coming down the step stool and caught myself landing on the bottom rung. It put a doozy of a bruise on my foot! And Auntie Bev snuck a picture of me on my hands and knees up in that closet pulling stuff out, but it is basically a butt shot and I said, "You did NOT just take a picture of my butt!" She laughed good about that and so then I posed for her to get a GOOD shot. I did crawl up in there and pull everything out. We organized it good. And there are some ancient crochet projects in there that she swears she might get them out and work on them this winter (ha!) so we packed them back in there. We took out holiday stuff and put them in bins to go to the basement and made the cupboards look so pretty. I can't believe we didn't take before and after pictures! So that's how our project week started on Monday! 















0 comments: