I invited Aunt Bev to come up to go to the tulip festival with me. I got my accomplice Teresa to get her up here (She is Bev's daughter-in-law) and Teresa's daughter Bridget would meet us as she is at school in Salt Lake. Aunt Bev tried several ways and times to get out of coming, but we made her do it! I had tickets to the Jordan River Temple open house and we could get lunch in between. We rented a golf cart so she wouldn't have to walk at the festival. It turned out to be a disappointing day. It was very windy and there were hardly any tulips out! As you can see by the picture...so disappointing! It's always so beautiful! And it just got windier as we went on. I made her get out and walk through the Light of the World statues of Christ. She did love that part and Bridget took pictures of every statue for her. Then we drove to Kneaders, she has never eaten there but I had a menu printed out so she could see it before we got there (new things are scary for her) and it was even more windy! I could not believe how windy it was. Then we drove over to the open house and it had been closed down! The massive winds had knocked over all their tents and caused a lot of trouble so they closed down. I said good bye to them and they went on to the mall for her make-up and the drive home. She told me it was a lovely day but I know better. It took so much to get her up here, I don't know if we can do it again, but I really want her to come another time when ALL the tulips are out! Walter was the perfect little guy for the entire adventure!
Monday, April 16, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment