CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Some fun genealogy finds...

Doing some searching around in family search for "sources" for my family tree...came across some fun things!  This city directory listing for Alburn A and Ellen Brown, farmer, with his Provo address.  I have a picture of that house.  I need to go find it!  Also Beverly is listed at the same address and the works at Heaps Pizza (now known as one of our favorite places, Brick Oven Pizza).  Valoy is listed on the next page.  Doesn't show an occupation. Perhaps he was still a student.  Anyway, this is my mom's parents, her sister and her brother.  Too fun!



My favorite thing to index is the WWII draft cards.  And here I found my grandpa's WWI and WWII draft cards!  As well as a card listing him as a trumpeter for the Marines.  So Cool!!  The next card (front and back) are for WWII, he has grandma listed as his person who will always know where he is.  And is signed by Royal J. Brinkerhoff of Loa.  I am pretty sure he is the owner of Royal's Market where we used to shop when we lived there and which still stands today in Loa.  The second set is his WWI draft card (front and back) when he was single and living in Koosharem.  I am wondering if the Olsen who signed it was a relative.  His mother's maiden name was Olsen.  More things to look into!  Loved finding these little treasures!!





0 comments: