Projects, projects...there's always a project! Kelly Laing and I went to our BYU Women's conference training meeting (we have them once a month) and everything was so pretty and pink! I love going to these and get so excited thinking about our hospitality team that will be working at the women's conference. I LOVE this project! And we almost have our whole team! We just need a few more sisters to complete the team. Another fun project is one that I volunteered for. My mom's cousin had posted on facebook that he had been interviewing his two aunts (Cora and Clara who I had met at the Ellett reunion two summers ago) and had finally got the cassettes put onto CDs. I volunteered to transcribe them for him as they are wanting to put the stories together with pictures and create a book. Cousins Lonnie (Hawkins) and Ron (Taylor) wasted no time getting over to see me and drop off shoe box of CDs. 28 of them! I had met Lonnie last year, but just met Ron this time. Very nice gentlemen and I am happy to help them. They said I was an answer to their prayers and that made me so happy. They have been wanting to do this for so long. This will be a big project but a fun one. I LOVE family history projects! I have listened and transcribed the first two. Wow. When Aunt Louisa (Ellett) Durfey was speaking, it was almost like hearing my grandma Ellen, her sister. They sound a lot a like! This was recorded back in 1982. It was fun to listen to and to transcribe. It is tricky and slow, but I will get 'em done! Next, I am heading a committee to decorate for the Stake Women's Conference this month. The theme is "Points of Light" so we are using lanterns and cylinder vases with "fairy lights" in them. I think it will be pretty. I have a nice committee (always fun to meet people in the stake) and I think it will turn out well. Simple but pretty. Lastly, Valentine's day is on Tuesday so our Monday project was to decorate cookies! I started to mix them up in the morning and realized I didn't have flour. I was sure I had a back up bag somewhere, but couldn't find it! So I called my sweet neighbor Shawna and asked to borrow about 4 cups of flour. Next thing I know, her son-in-law came knocking on my door and handed me a HUGE bag of flour! She was tending sick grandkids and didn't want to open and measure out. Zander is next to the bag to show how big it is. Right after I used some of her flour to mix up the cookies, I found my back up bag. Ha! Isn't that the way it goes? Anyway, the kids loved decorating the cookies and there is just no way to tell them to go LIGHT on the sprinkles. There are sprinkles for DAYS...so much that the cookies aren't even that good to eat. Oops. We still gave some away anyway. I always make Dave some bread pudding for Valentines and he brings me flowers. We like it simple and sweet. And then I made brownies for everyone else that doesn't like sugar cookies (Nate) and bread pudding (everyone but Dave!). It was a lovely Valentine's day 2017. XOXO
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment