Thanksgiving was wonderful this year! I didn't have to do very much at all! It is great having others help so much with the meal. Nate was our turkey chef. He cooked them in his smoker. They had to be smaller so we had two of them. YUMMY! He got up early to get them going. I felt bad, but not too bad. I loved having someone else doing the turkey! Amanda and Randa brought desserts, fruits and vegetables. All I had to do was the rolls and the mashed potatoes! We had green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, fruit, corn on the cob (Nate's request and Lilly's favorite) and of course pie! It was all delicious! My rolls are all different sizes, but they tasted good. It is a new recipe and I am trying to master them. After we ate, we girls made a craft, Names of Jesus trees, and the kids made pipe cleaner Christmas trees. Eric worked on his "cake" for Steve's upcoming 60th birthday. It's going to have 60 fireworks in it! It was just a lovely day and we all enjoyed it very much! I didn't get a picture of Joel! He had the camera! He was there though! Fun to have him home. The kids had their own table and their own mini pies! Kind of fun. Don't mind Lilly's face, she never smiles for pictures. Everyone was happy and had a good day! My tree isn't quite finished. I'm going to re-do a bigger and fluffier bow. And spray the star gold to match the ribbon. The ribbon has the names of Jesus too. And someone wrote on my menu board for today. Pretty funny! I assure you no one starved! We put in the movie "Inside Out" and it was a relaxing day all around! Here is our day in no particular order...
Love my kitchen helpers!
Their first thanksgiving together!





1 comments:
I had to do a double take on that picture of Nate standing by the turkey....he looks like Joel there. Are you always so good about putting your menu plan up like that?
Post a Comment