For my birthday I got SNOW! On the 10th we got our first snow, although it didn't last, it was snowy and cold all day! I had to speak in Relief Society that evening on the joys I am having in my "season" of life. I had hoped I was spring or summer, but I was FALL! Noting that I would be a year older the next day, I was able to share my joys. They shared the parable of the pear tree and had the room decorated so nice. They served pears and pear butter with Doris Sweeten's rolls. Yummy! I liked how they used a piece of wrapping paper over the table clothe for an accent. Lovely! It was a nice evening. Then on the 11th, my actual birthday, it still snowed some and was very cold! The family all went to Tucanos for dinner. The all-you-can-eat meat place. It was very good! The kids even tried a few things but mostly enjoyed the rolls and pasta and the grilled pineapple. Thank goodness for the salad bar! They spoiled me with gifts that they shouldn't have - Grandma doesn't need presents! It was a fun night. Then on Saturday Dave drove me to Wayne County to visit my aunties. We needed to get one more visit in before bad weather hits. We had our traditional pizza lunch (all the restaurants are closed for the season except the pizza place) and I brought dessert selections from Kneaders. We had an enjoyable visit and I was able to share with them some pictures I printed for and from the Ellett Reunion this summer, and the book I made for Steve's upcoming 60th birthday. It was a fun afternoon and I enjoyed the drive with Dave too. Curtis and Auntie Lew are always great hosts and Auntie Beverly is just as fun as ever. Uncle Dudley wasn't feeling well and didn't join us this time. His dementia is getting worse and he worries about being in public. Auntie Beverly has her hands full for sure and we pray for them all to get through this "season."
Those cliffs are bright red, sure wish my phone would take better pictures! And the glare on Steve's book is from the flash...oh well.
On the 7th we went to Orem to buy Art City Donuts. It was a fundraiser for a sister in our ward who is having open heart surgery. We made a donation and then we bought some donuts. They are warm and yummy! Jacob was at a birthday party so he wasn't with us, but the rest of us enjoyed them! Best wishes to Eliza for a quick recovery from her surgery! Then Dave and I went to Costco and I got a bear hug from the largest teddy bear I have ever seen! He only cost 190 dollars! Who would spend that and where would you even put it? Wow...Anyway, it has been a fun birthday week all around!










1 comments:
I hope you report back how Steve likes the book you made for him. That table is stunning with the navy stripes against the green. I hope I remember the wrapping paper idea.
Post a Comment