We have officially survived "the teenage years!" Today Elder McKinney turned 20! A sweet lady in his area fed he and his companion, made him a birthday cake, and delivered our gifts to him. She sent us pictures and a little video of him opening his gifts! Thank you Corinna Magleby! I can't wait to meet you after Joel's mission. We had fun making him some "golden plates" - with messages from lots of family and friends. We also sent him some happy birthday oreos and his LAST TIE! We cannot believe it has been 20 years since Joel joined our family. We were finally COMPLETE. Now he is serving the Lord for 2 years in the Salt Lake City South Mission. We love you Elder McKinney! Looking forward to your return...SOON! XOXO
I don't know if you can read the ones I wrote...The Book of Mom...I had written it out "scripture style." Then Clif sent me his letter to write on the plates and he had done the same thing! His said "1. For behold, it came to pass that another year had come and gone in the land of Salt Lake City South, and thus had 20 years passed away since the birth of Elder McKinney. 2. And behold, the people knew a celebration was sure to come forth and spread throughout all the land and into every home. 3. And it came to pass that Elder McKinney was to be celebrated, and the people were commanded to build a cake in his honor and to join together, bearing gifts and singing songs. 4. And it came to pass that Clif and Lindsay spake unto Elder Mckinney, saying: Happy birthday! And may you continue to prosper in the land. 5. And behold, Elder McKinney, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in spiritual stature, did take heed to their words which were spoken, and pressed forward believing that many years of joy and prosperity were to come. 6. And his family dwelt in the land nearby. 7. And inasmuch as there is always more to say, behold, this is the end of their speaking for a season, and when he returns to his family, another celebration shall come forth." I especiall liked verse 6! And I wish I had written mine with verses...so cute!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment