CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spiritually Fed...day two

Friday morning we were up and at it again!  We were excited to have another wonderful day at BYU!  The morning session in the Marriott Center was amazing again. We got to hear from Linda K. Burton, Bonnie L. Oscarson, and Rosemary M. Wixom.  It was wonderful!  We had discovered the soft blue seats behind the podium so that is where we sat.  We watch it all on the megatron anyway so we didn't mind being behind them. It was fun to see the teleprompter too.  I forgot to mention the beautiful musical numbers they had at each beginning and closing session.  Oh my goodness...so incredible the talent and music that inspired us! A family choir (grandmother, daughters, granddaughters, and great granddaughters), a pianist and his 12 year old daughter who played the violin amazingly!  The pianist (a music professor I believe) also played a solo, and then the opera student Rebecca Peterson that sang two numbers (one with a violinist as well as the piano professor). All 4 sessions (opening and closing each day) had two amazing musical numbers.  After the Friday morning session, thankfully our next two classes were in the Marriott center so we just stayed there!  In the soft seats!  I don't think my legs and feet could have taken much more walking!  We then came out to go to the Wilkinson center and ran into my sweet friend Marilyn Zimmerman from Arizona!  I had facebook messaged her where I was at and she had been at that class too, so she found me!  That was fun!  After our last class at the Wilkinson center we decided to walk back for the closing session by way of the Hinckley building so we could take our pictures by the tulips.  Who do you suppose we ran into there doing the very same thing?  Jan Budge and her daughters/daughters-in-law!  So fun!  We helped them take pictures and they took ours and then we all sat together for the closing session.  It was so fun to see them and be able to visit for a little bit!  I sure loved visiting with Christi Budge and catching up on their sweet little family! The closing session was Elder Quentin L. Cook and his wife.  WOW.  It was so neat to have them there and to listen to their talks.  So uplifting and inspirational.  I know the topic I need to put more study into is GRACE.  If I learned nothing this week, it's that I need to learn more about that.  The theme of the conference was taken from Psalm  84:11 "For the Lord God is a and Shield: the Lord will give Grace and Glory: no Good Thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly."
Beautiful, Beautiful conference.  I feel so blessed to have been there!  And so grateful that Donna came to go with me!  I have truly been spiritually fed until my cup runneth over!  After the conference came to an end, we went to Cafe Rio so Donna could learn how good THEIR food is!  She liked it!  We watched some more Avonlea in the evening and just relaxed as best we could.  She had checked flights for the next morning (she flies standby) and things were looking good for her to get home.  Of course, I wouldn't have minded it if she had to stay!  Saturday morning we got Kneaders for breakfast (what else?) and took her to the airport.  I was sorry to see her go, but we do not say Goodbye.  We say, see ya soon!  Thank you Donna for being here with me and for being such a beloved and good friend to me!  I WILL be seeing ya soon!


Donna and Jan... 
 If you look hard, you can see Elder Cook in this picture...
 Sweet Pork Salad for Donna, smothered sweet pork burrito for me...

and chunky french toast at Kneaders...good stuff!  Only some strawberries left!

2 comments:

donnam

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!!! I miss you already and can't wait until next year!!!

Grandma Honey

I can see you two having a great time together….you are both so upbeat and fun! I don't know where you both get your energy.

funny but as I was reading how you were excited to get caught up with Christi Budge I thought….well, why doesn't she just wait till she gets home to do that? I temporarily forgot you don't live in Clovis anymore! :) Must have been wonderful to have some of your Clovis ward family with you.