Yesterday we were able to take a little trip to the Manti temple. This was my second time there and it was as an emotional time this time as it was in the summer of 2011. It is such a beautiful, majestic temple, and knowing that my parents went through this temple and were sealed there, as well as both of their parents (my grandparents), and many other relatives/ancestors that I probably don't even know about, it just makes it such a special place for me. It was very special to have Amanda and Joel with us. It is a wonderful experience to go through a "live" session instead of the film. And the murals in all the rooms were just amazing. I truly loved being here and after our session we ate in the cafeteria downstairs. And of course we asked to see the spiral staircases which they love to show you. The Manti temple is so beautiful, and so huge, and so elaborate, it is no wonder President Kimball called it the "Queen Mother of all temples." I believe it was him, and that is not a direct quote, but something to that effect. We loved looking at all the antique decor and seeing some of the sealing rooms, wondering which ones my parents and grandparents were married in. A beautiful and emotional day for me. We took a lot of pictures on the grounds, and Joel always gets some really good close ups of the flowers (complete with bees and bumblebees!) and everything was very beautiful! We want to come back next summer and see the pageant. I look forward to that. It was only a 1.5 hour drive from our house in Lindon. A very doable day trip and well worth it! Here are a few of the pictures Joel took, in no particular order...
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I never knew this about the Manti temple....being elaborate and all. Aren't the temple cafeterias the best! I always feel safe eating their food, and it's so good!
Post a Comment