On Sunday as I sat in church, I was feeling rather lonely. Dave and Joel were out of town since Tuesday, and as I looked around our small congregation I thought, I really don't have any friends here! I barely know who anyone is and I have been here six weeks! I have barely found out who the Relief Society President is (well, I had figured out who she was after a few weeks, but didn't know her name). I was just suddenly really missing my Clovis 2nd ward sisters! If Amanda wasn't here with me, I would have really been depressed! It was kind of a downer day for me and I know I will make friends eventually, but man, I miss Clovis 2nd ward! So try to imagine my absolute surprise of all surprises when this morning my doorbell rang about 9:30. I couldn't imagine who would be there. No one comes to our door. Ever. When I opened it, there stood my dear friend Teri Stringham!!! From Clovis!!! I was in shock! She had been in Colorado visiting a new grandbaby for several weeks and was on her way home. She is staying with her sons in Payson and needed to come up here to do some shopping. It made me cry to see her standing there and just so happy! Guess who threw on their shoes and went shopping with her!! And no, I didn't even do my hair! I was so excited! It was just like old times...going to JoAnn's fabrics, and Wal-Mart and a new one for us, Deseret Book. (We don't have one of those in Clovis!) We got everything on her list and then it was lunch time. So I took her to Kneaders for lunch. Oh what a tender mercy to be able to spend the morning with a dear friend. It buoyed my soul and was just what I needed! Thank you, thank you dear sweet Teri for "stopping by!"
I had to take a picture of our yummy food and dessert from Kneaders...the eclair was perfect! The cinnamon roll was for her son Sean...I hear he liked it!






1 comments:
I love how you just dropped everything and went to have a fun day with your good friend. I also laughed how you said no one ever comes to your door....I'm amazed at how many friends have come by since you arrived! But when they are not living there, and just passing through, it must be lonely. A year from now it will all be so different....you are too friendly for it not to be.
Post a Comment