Today is my wonderful hubby's birthday! I am so grateful he was born! And even more grateful that he picked me to be a part of his life! We had a fun night eating out at Red Robin to celebrate this anniversary of his birth 53 years ago....
Clif ~ Joel ~ Me ~ The birthday boy
All of our local kids were here...and Grandma and Grandpa (Terry and Barbara McKinney) drove all the way from Folsom just to eat with us! We enjoyed visiting with them and spending the evening with them. We missed our Georgia kids, but they are having a wonderful easter weekend/reunion in Columbus, GA.
Grandpa Terry did not want to look at the camera! Grandma Barbara was much more cooperative...
we had fun hearing Barbara reminisce about Dave's birth...and Terry kept us laughing with his jokes...and thinking there were raisins on top of his ice cream (they were oreo chunks!). It was a fun time, great food, and just being with family is the best gift of all!

Clark, Mario & Ashley were able to join us...thanks for coming guys...and Happy Birthday Dear Dave!! We love you!!
And here are some fun little things I did for Easter. I liked the hippity hoppity blocks...(there's two other sets sitting behind this one so it's hard to see the "finished" look...)
and the pink marshmallow bunny tails (for you to eat...now hop to it!) were quick and fun. I made them for some ladies I visit teach and for a couple of close friends. I found these ideas on craft blogs that I always turn to for inspiration and ideas. The pink marshmallows look so much cuter than the white ones, and they are strawberry flavored. (they taste especially good dipped in chocolate...imagine that!) I supposed you could fill the snack back with mini marshallows too). I did send some to the grandkids in Georgia. Our Easter Bunny always came on Saturday so we could have all our "bunny" fun and then focus on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday. I miss having little kids to do those kinds of things with anymore, so I make fun things to share with other people. Happy Easter everyone!


5 comments:
What a great idea...a birthday celebration at Red Robin's with practically the whole family! I'll have to remember that. We've just taken one or 2 at a time there, but how fun to go as a big group.
I wonder if Dave's mom talks about his birth on every birthday. That is a tradition with me and my boys. I'm not sure they like it but I do it anyway.
Jill ~ we aren't with his mom on every birthday, but it is fun to hear the stories. She even told us one this time that we hadn't heard before! So keep telling your stories!
Happy Birthday Dave...53 sounds mighty young to me...I hope you had a wonderful day.
What cute Easter ideas you had! Loved the bunny tails.
Hope Dave had a great birthday.
what fun it is too see everyone together, except those GA kids !! Looks like Dave had a great birthday !! And the bunny tails are so sweet !! Thanks for mine !!
Post a Comment