CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gather here with Thankful hearts...

I cannot believe November is over! I didn't even do ONE thankful post! So I am going to make up for it now! Here are some things that I am thankful for...(A few of my favorite things!) in no particular order...
I am thankful for this tall sophomore! He has passed up everyone in the family ~ officially now. I cannot believe how he keeps growing! Joel is a spiritual giant too and is a real joy to have in our home. He has good insight and loves learning. One day at church his seminary teacher had brought cookies for anyone that wanted to pass off a scripture mastery. I asked Joel if he got one, and he said no, he didn't do it because he didn't want to do it for the wrong reason! He goes EARLY to early morning seminary to pass them off before class! He fulfils his priesthood responsibilities with dignity and reverence. He is a real gentleman towards me, opens my door and does anything I ask of him. I am thankful Heavenly Father saw fit to send him to us a little later in life, so that we may not be quite so old and boring while he is with us...We knew when we had four children so close together that they would all grow up and leave the house at about the same time, so we are blessed to still have someone at home!
I am thankful for all of our children. They all bring joy and happiness to us in their own ways. Especially when they come to visit us! All of them that live in town were here for Thanksgiving. These pictures are of everyone making "music" with their glasses. Ashley made a great face! It was great fun and they each got creative in their playing... We are grateful to have spent a lovely afternoon with them, and for those that could stay, we watched a Christmas movie. The next day we played our annual Thanksgiving volleyball game with the Stringhams. Not all of our children could be there (and we missed them!) but it is always a fun time and then we had pie afterwards.

Clark had a flaw in his glass so he did some "rap" on his...see my "Gobble 'til you wobble" plate? It was inspiring ~ and we did as it suggested! Lots of yummy food!! I am grateful for employment and the ability to have food in our pantry...

Dave even joined in and played his glass...(I am grateful for my loving and supportive husband!)

Clif started us all off on the musical glasses (he's pictured here in the corner)...love my family!!

I am thankful for grandchildren! These two little boys are a big spot of sunshine in my life! I love seeing pictures of them, talking to them on the phone, and I cannot wait for them to come visit for Christmas! I am grateful for their mommy and daddy too...love my family!
My gratitude list could go on and on...but I will try to wrap it up here and say that I am grateful for Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, who atoned for ME. I am grateful for His restored church upon the earth, for the Priesthood, living prophets and apostles, scriptures, temples and all the ordinances we need to return home again someday.
I am thankful for wonderful family and friends...who are there to help me on every turn...I am thankful for good books that take me to places I will never be able to venture, for hobbies that keep my hands busy and help preserve family memories...I am thankful for this time of year, for the joy it brings and for all that this life has to offer me...with all it's ups and downs, I am eternally grateful to be here!

3 comments:

Grandma Honey

I envy that you got to have that last son at the end. That was what I wanted...one who would still be at home after the others had left. What a blessing he is to you!

I got mixed up and thought your grandsons would be there for Thanksgiving. So it's not over...you get to still look forward to them coming at Christmas!!!!!!!

Unknown

I loved this grateful post !! And all the fun pictures, and I do so love me some Joel !! He is an awesome young man, and I miss the days when he would hide behind the door and Hill would tickle him as we arrived at your home!!

Grandmotherfairy

I loved your post...I can't believe my quiet little Joel is so big...I can believe that he is an example to all of us! I love your new background...too cute!